How does the Christma Carol go?? “Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again.” (It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas). Winter break can be such a fun time for your family to relax and connect with each other. It can also be a hectic time because everyone is thrown off their routine.
As a mom of four boys, I totally get it! I love the extra time with them, and we make sure to plan fun events to keep us busy. I thought I’d share seven winter break tips for you to enjoy the time even more with fun activities to look forward to this year!
7 Winter Break Ideas in Lake Country, WI
Writing this post was great for helping me create some fun plans, and I hope it helps you too! We definitely plan on doing quite a few of these activities, and I can’t wait.
- Lake Country Family Fun Holiday Guide – I have to start with this trusty local guide! The Lake Country Family Fun team does a phenomenal job putting together this holiday fun guide for your whole family. I highly recommend checking this out and finding a few events to attend.
2. Game Day/Night – Board games are big in our house, so we will definitely be playing some of the new ones that Santa brings! Some of our favorites are Blokus, Quirkle Rummy, Monopoly Empire, Dutch Blitz, and Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza. When the kids were younger we played Hiss, The Ladybug Game and Elefun, and a ton!
3. Family Crafts – Of course, Pinterest is your friend when it comes to finding ideas for kid crafts. You can find something to do as a group like this Easy Fingerprint Christmas Ornament project! So cute!
4. Urban Air or Sky Zone – Gift cards to go to Urban Air and SkyZone will be in our kid’s stockings. Both of these places are a lot of fun for the whole family. We love the gift of activities to get the wiggles out over holiday break! We prefer to go early in the day for a less crowded experience.
5. Winter Hike – Bundle up for a family winter hike! With its signature tall pines dusted in the snow (we hope), Lapham Peak State Park is gorgeous in the winter and the perfect place for a hike. Maybe a quick stop at a local coffee shop for hot cocoa and coffee after to warm up would be fun too!
6. Sledding, Skiing, and Skating – Provided we have snow and ice we will be skiing, sledding, and skating over break. If you’re wondering where to sled, check out Lake Country Family Fun’s sledding guide for all the best spots.
I hope you found these ideas helpful when planning your winter break fun! If you end up doing any of these, would you do me a favor and tag me on social media? You can tag me on Facebook or Instagram, and that way I can see!
Your Lake Country Family Photographer
As a busy mom and a Certified Professional Photographer, I know how the days can be long, but the years are short! During this holiday season, I hope you can find time for yourself and time to connect with your precious family. When thinking about the new year, you realize you want to cherish your family even more; I’d love to help by taking your portraits. There’s nothing better than celebrating your family with beautiful wall art for your home. In fact, you might want to consider the perks of a winter family session. I’d love to schedule a time to meet you and learn more about your family! Let’s connect here.