Many clients wonder if they should have their hair and makeup done for their portrait session. I almost always say, “YES!” You’re making an investment in yourself and your family with professional portraits. Having your hair and makeup done will level up the entire experience and will result in even better portraits. If you’re still on the fence, here are five reasons to have professional hair and makeup done for your upcoming portrait session.
Why You Should have Professional Hair and Makeup for Your Portrait Session
1. One Less Thing to Stress About – As a full-service photographer, my goal is to take all the stress off your already full plate. You deserve to enjoy your portrait process. By having your hair and makeup taken care of by a professional, you have one less thing you have to worry about. Instead, you can focus on looking forward to the session.
2. Photo-Ready Makeup – You might actually like doing your own hair as well as makeup and think it will save you time. You’re probably very good at your hair and makeup. However, there is a difference between everyday makeup and photo-ready makeup. A professional artist will know which products and looks will work best for the camera. Letting a professional take care of this for you will save you time from having to find the right products.
3. Feel Confident – You’re already perfect the way you are now. Having your hair and makeup professionally done will give you a feeling of confidence that will show in your portraits!
4. You Deserve To Be Pampered – You truly deserve a little pampering. Having your makeup and hair done before your session will allow you to sit back and relax. If this is for a family portrait session, I usually have mom get their hair and makeup done before their family arrives. It’ll give you a few quiet moments before all the fun! If this is for a headshot or branding session, it’ll allow you time to breathe and get in the zone before your session!
5. Create More Memories with Your Family – Your portrait session is about documenting and displaying your family’s story. I want you to be able to look back on your portrait artwork from the session and remember how you felt in that moment with the ones you love the most. Taking styling your plate allows you to let go and enjoy your portrait experience so that you can spend time with your family.
Full-Service Portrait Photographer | Delafield, WI
The Julie Collins Studio is a full-service portrait photography studio located in Downtown Oconomowoc, WI. It’s just a quick 10-minute drive from Delafield, WI.
Our studio offers maternity, newborn, senior, family, and headshot photography. We love helping busy families and professionals across the Lake Country, WI area. If you have any questions or want to schedule your initial consultation with me, please send me a message here.