As you prepare to welcome your baby, you may be looking around for a photographer to take newborn portraits. It’s extremely important that you work with a photographer with experience and advanced training in capturing newborn portraits. This is not the time to take a chance on a friend just starting out professionally or hiring a photographer who doesn’t specialize in newborn photography.
I’m happy to walk through the top reasons why you should choose an experienced and highly trained newborn photographer for this precious portrait session. If you have any other questions, I am happy to answer them. Send me a message here.
Trust a Newborn Photographer
1. Safety – Safety is number one and the most important reason why you need to work with a professional who specializes in newborn photography. I’m truly sad when I see images of newborn babies in unsafe poses or environments. Photographing newborns is such a precious gift and making sure your baby is warm, comfortable, and soothed is of utmost importance.
2. Experience – Every photographer starts somewhere. But, working with an experienced newborn photographer ensures your baby’s safety and that you’ll love your images. If you have a certain newborn portrait style in mind or want to capture certain poses, your photographer will be able to incorporate that into your session as much as possible. Ultimately, your baby leads the session, and it will lead to beautiful images.
3. Specialized Training – As a newborn photographer, I make sure to stay up-to-date on the latest photography safety and techniques. This is not something where you attend one workshop and are a pro. Becoming truly knowledgeable in the craft means continuous learning and improvement.
4. One (Small) Window of Time – Your newborn is only a newborn for such a short period of time! It’s incredibly important that your newborn session goes well and you do not only get the portraits you’ve been dreaming of but also that you have a wonderful and caring experience.
5. Special Touch – Finally, every portrait session is always beautiful and a little unpredictable, but it can be even more of a wild card with your sweet newborn. As I mentioned before, your newborn will lead the session, but I know specific techniques and “tricks” to help us get the right shot while keeping your baby safe and content. And if your baby isn’t “cooperating,” we have lots of flexibility. We can stop for a feeding break, mama cuddles, or even do some PhotoShop magic to create the perfect image.
I hope this helps you in finding the right newborn photographer for your family. Please look here if you’re looking for newborn photography FAQ.
Newborn Photography Near Oconomowoc, WI
There is just something extra special about newborn portrait photography. Being one of the first people to meet your sweet babe and capture their first professional portraits is something I do not take for granted. I am here for you throughout the entire newborn portrait process so that you don’t have to worry about anything! If you’re having a baby, and think I may be the right fit, let’s chat!